Successful learning opportunities require clear goals and a well planned agenda. With jam-packed schedules and diverse sets of responsibilities it can be tough to get everyone focused on new ideas or initiatives. This is why workshops have become such an effective tool. They are a great way to gather info, generate ideas, and build consensus. Good preparation ensures workshops run smoothly and deliver the intended value. With that in mind, we’ve rounded up our top tips for planning a successful virtual event.
- Define event goals.
- Confirm date, time, length of program, agenda items and virtual platform with presenter.
- Create event in virtual platform and send registrations to participants.
- Send event reminders 1 day and 1 hour before event starts.
- Ensure participants will have access to desktop or laptop computers. Phone screens will be too small to see the power point slides. Cameras, microphones and speakers should also be available if possible.
- Encourage participations to set up in a comfortable space and minimize distractions. Headphones may be beneficial if working in busy or noisy locations.
- Start platform and confirm AV for all presenters at least 30 mins prior to event.
- Assign one team member to manage the “behind the scenes” in regard to logistical issues that may come up.
- Set ground rules for the event. Depending on the format of the event this would pertain to camera use, mute buttons, and the break schedule.
- Ensure participants are prepared with paper, pen, and handouts (if applicable).
- Remind participants to minimize distractions as much as possible, but don’t sweat the small stuff like family members or pets who make a surprise appearance.
- Encourage participants to use engagement features like chat, hand raising, reactions, polls, Q&A, and/or breakout rooms.
- Be prepared to give a fantastic speaker intro-that will set the tone for the entire event!
- Address any outstanding questions.
- Create an action plan to implement new skills and strategies.
- Discuss next steps in regard to future workshops/events.
Overwhelmed by virtual events? Give us a call! Conversion-omics Speakers & Consultants will make your next virtual event spectacular. If you’re planning a virtual team training or a large conference, we are eager to collaborate with you to design relevant, informative, and engaging presentations suited to your specific needs.
An award-winning industry expert with over 20 years of experience developing successful sales teams, Lynne is known for providing immediately applicable information and techniques every time she takes the stage. Her high energy presentations keep the audience actively engaged and leaves them with practical solutions to improve their approach to sales. All services can be delivered virtually, live stream or on-site.